If you love shopping online for fine jewelry, knowing how to size a bracelet will come in handy. It’s a simple process of measuring your hand once to make sure the jewelry you’re ordering perfectly fits, and you don’t have to return it.
Bracelet Measurement at Home Without a Measuring Tape
If you’re an average-sized person, you can follow the chart below to take guidance when ordering a bracelet.
- Under 6 months: 4 inches
- 6–12 months: 4.5 inches
- 1 – 2 years: 5 inches
- 2 – 5 years: 5.5 inches
- 6 – 8 years: 6 inches
- 9 – 13 years: 6.5 inches
- Petite: 7 inches
- Medium: 7.5 inches – 8 inches
- Large: 8.5 inches
- Plus size: 9 inches
- Small: 8 inches
- Medium: 8.5 inches
- Large: 9 inches
- Plus size: 9.5 inches
Bracelet Size Measurement at Home with Measuring Tape or Paper Strip
If you’re trying to buy long-lasting jewelry that will fit your wrist perfectly, here’s how you can measure bracelet size for men, women, and children.
- Use a flexible tape measure or even a strip of paper to measure your wrist. Place it just under your wrist bone where you usually hang your bracelet.
- You can cut down the piece of paper you are using or size it with or use a marker to note the length correctly.
- Once you have the size, add a set number of increments depending on what size of the bracelet you need.
- For a tight fit, you can simply add quarter inches to half-inch to the bracelet size of your wrist.
- If you’re looking for a comfortable fit, add 3/4th inch to 1 inch to your wrist measurement size.
- For flexible and loose-fitting, add one inch to 1.25 inches to the size of your wrist.
Bracelet Size Measurement at the Store
The general guidelines that stores use to make sure the bracelet size fits perfectly are:
- Bring your fingers to a close, so your thumb and little fingers are touching. Imagine that you’re putting on a bracelet while taking the measurement.
- Use measuring tape at the shop to measure your wrist’s widest point by tightly wrapping it on your skin. This gives you the circumference, which you can utilize to know the diameter of the bracelet you should be buying.
It’s best not to buy bracelets in generic sizes like small, medium, or large. Many retail online stores refer to clothing sizes to denote bracelet size, but it could be disastrous if it doesn’t fit and you do not have an option to return it.
It’s best to know how to size a bracelet properly, at get it done in person with a jeweler like Essex Fine Jewelry. You can take a few seconds to simply measure the wrist circumference and then adjust depending on what kind of fit you are looking for. If you are buying a bracelet, it’s best to keep the fitting tight. For wider bands, you can go for looser and more comfortable fitting.
At Essex Fine Jewelry, we use professional jewelry equipment to measure bracelet size. If you need help sizing your bracelet, give us a call at 404-481-5555 or check out our website and we would love to help you out.